- Teachers and students can use Socrative on any device with a web browser (tablets, smartphones, laptops, iPod Touches, etc.).
- Teachers login at t.socrative.com by entering their email and password.
- Students login at m.socrative.com by entering the "virtual room number" provided by the teacher. NO EMAIL ACCOUNTS ARE REQUIRED! Students will then see "Waiting for teacher to start an activity...".
- Teachers initiate an activity by selecting it on their main screen (e.g. Multiple Choice, T/F, Short Answer, Quick Quiz, Exit Ticket, or Space Race).
- Students respond on their devices.
- Students' results are visible on the Teacher's screen or sent in an email.
Socrative is also easily accessible from free iPad or Android apps. If you allow mobile devices in your classroom or if you have iPads or tablets available for your students to use, Socrative is an excellent way to get your students engaged in your lesson while allowing you to instantly assess their understanding.
Socrative device images above from Sue Franz.